Monday, April 15, 2013

Yes, I Wrote Another Story, And No You Can't Read It....Yet.

I made the mistake of not e-mailing my S.A.D. 2 story to myself, so I wasn't able to work on it at all today. Instead, I focused my energies on re-writing a story I had done years ago. I was never very happy with it because I felt that I held back on the darker element of it. So, today I started from scratch and included the dark element that was missing. It's not a perfect story, as is my practice when writing, but it's as close to first-run perfection as I could have hoped for. It's 933 words long presently, which is fucking amazing. I wanted to post it, but I decided against it. One reason is personal, and the other reason is, I'm thinking it's not the greatest idea for me to post EVERY story I write. So, I'm okay with not posting this particular story. I'm really interested in having my friends read it so I can get SOME feedback from it. And even though, right now, my close friends are the only ones who actually read this blog, I figure, why risk it? Those same friends are probably asking themselves why I am bothering to post about this. I think it's important to me to get into some sort of practice and routine when it comes to writing. I think blogging about my writing, even when I don't post a story or progress of a story, is a good way for me to kind of un-clutter my mostly cluttered mind.... or something like that. I suppose I also like documenting that I finished a story, so that when I am struggling with a story and I start to lose confidence in myself, I can look back and see that I've accomplished something. So there's that.

1 comment: