Saturday, April 13, 2013

A New Ending is Just the Beginning

I know I said I wasn't going to work on my  finished S.A.D. story for a while. I know I said that I was going to work on other projects in the meantime. And I will, but I had to write this idea down as part of my process of documenting my own writing. Given that I haven't been able to think of anything else to write because this idea is so persistent, I think it's safe to assume I'm not going to get any other writing done today, so I might as well get this idea down and be done with it. This idea of mine concerns the ending. I rushed the ending that I wrote, and I knew that was going to be something I wanted to change ASAP. So it's pretty good that it's the first thing I'm re-working.

My new ending notes: Instead of reaching out and choking him to death, the gun-beast will instead reach out its hand, slowly enveloping his gun into its ever-moving self. The gun-beast won't stop at consuming his gun. It'll continue to consume his hand and then his arm and then his head and torso and so on, in a great spray of blood. Grinding him to death, basically.

The idea itself needs work, but I'm really pleased with it regardless. I hope that my re-working of the rest of this story will be as pleasing to me as this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment