Thursday, April 18, 2013

And This is Where I Lick My Wounds and Start Again....

I thought yesterday was bad.... Today was fucking AWFUL!!!.... Writing-wise, anyway. I was struggling and struggling with how best to proceed with my supposed novel, "Rise of the Pastries" (which is pretty much set in stone for a title, as far as I'm concerned), when fear overwhelmed me and I had to quit. I got sad, and then I talked about it with Theo a little bit, and then a new idea hit me. Well, five actually. Five new starts for stories, and I'm going to work on them all at the same time...well, not at the SAME time. I'll work on one until I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, and then I'll work on another until I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, and so on and so forth. I pretty much said this in an earlier post, but this time I'm actually implementing them. For anyone interested in the 5 starts, they are as follows:

1) Don Davis was trapped in his car because of badgers.

2) The floor was covered in dogshit.

3) My mother always told me listening to heavy metal would warp my brain.

4) The sound coming from that baby was as loud as it was unholy, and I aimed to silence it and send it back to hell.

5) I first discovered my pubes had gone plaid after I had gotten out of the shower.

That last one was a result of my talk with Theo. We have strange conversations at times.  So there you have it. Five new ideas, and if I don't do something with them....I don't really want to think about that right now....

I DO however have a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream in the freezer, and it is calling my name. Yes, I went out of my way to buy a pint of ice cream and not beer. Suck it.

2 comments:

  1. More specifically, our strange conversation was based on the first few words in a WordFeud game! The first three words played were PUBES, PLAID and PIANO... so there has to be a piano in there somewhere. Probably not in the shower, but somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's the piano that turned his pubes plaid. It's an evil piano, hell-bent on making all the pubes plaid!

    ReplyDelete