Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mixed Feelings Meet Determination

I hate to admit it but since it's the truth I have no choice but to admit it: I'm not really liking my S.A.D. Actually, I'm just not liking that I can't come up with anything better.... or that I'm afraid to come up with anything better, and I just want to get this story done and over with so I can say with pride that I finally finished a story. In all honesty, that's probably what keeps me from thinking of something better. I'm so determined to finish this thing, that I'll take the easy road. It could also be that I'm forcing myself to go so slowly, that I'm just losing interest in the story regardless. Perhaps I just need to think of something to make it interesting again. *sigh* I'll work on making it interesting to me again, I suppose.

Oh, and here's 9 additional sentences to the story so far: 

He walked to the door not realizing he was about to die. He should have known, though. The door was locked. The janitor always unlocked the door in the morning for him.15 years and the janitor never forgot. What was going on? He tried the door knob again. Locked. He heard a scuffling sound and then a muffled bark of laughter and what sounded like a yelp of pain. Two kids, perhaps, groping each other. He smiled at the thought, remembering what it was like to be a teen again. Another giggle, this time much louder, sounding very sinister. He reached into his pocket for his keys. He was unnerved by the laughter, but his composure remained. It was just some randy students, he told himself again. He had been through worse many times before. He heard soft metallic clicks within as he brought the room key to the keyhole. He froze. That sound was familiar to him. As familiar as own family. Bullets being loaded into a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment