Friday, April 5, 2013

Fear Grabbed Me Hard Today

Only two sentences in my S.A.D. I wrote less of that today because I spent a bit more time coming up with my next part in my collaboration with Theo. I didn't exactly write all what I had planned for that, either. But that had more to do with my wanting to see what he would come up with for the set up. I kind of think I should have just gone ahead and written the whole thing, but I'm scared. I'm scared of the scene because it involves action, and I've never been good with action scenes. I definitely want to write it, regardless. I'm just trying to work up sufficient courage and/or delusion. I left the set up for Theo, though. So if he comes up with something, great. If not, well, I'll have to face my fear head-on yet again. But for now, I let fear get the best of me, so I seriously doubt I'll get any more writing done today. I have a bit of a busy day planned for tomorrow. Chores n such, so I'm not sure I'll get much more done than the one sentence for S.A.D. ... which just so happens to also have built up to an action scene. Perhaps the creative part of my brain is telling me something. But I suppose it doesn't matter since I've let fear overwhelm me for the time being. Anyway, here's the S.A.D. story so far, now with two added sentences: 

He walked to the door not realizing he was about to die. He should have known, though. The door was locked. The janitor always unlocked the door in the morning for him.15 years and the janitor never forgot. What was going on? He tried the door knob again. Locked. He heard a scuffling sound and then a muffled bark of laughter and what sounded like a yelp of pain. Two kids, perhaps, groping each other. He smiled at the thought, remembering what it was like to be a teen again. Another giggle, this time much louder, sounding very sinister.

No comments:

Post a Comment